Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 29, 2011

Spent Grain Bread

As I'd posted earlier, I am learning about beer, and particularly about craft homebrews. Today, I spent most of the day actually observing and photodocumenting the process, and I couldn't help but wonder to what purpose the spent grain might be put. Ah, yes - breadmaking. 

A quick search yielded this recipe for Spent Grain Beer Bread, from Jasmine at Beer At Joe's

If you like, veganize it by using almond milk instead of dairy; I used applesauce instead of the egg. I halved the recipe and free-formed the loaf into an oblong, baking it at 350F for 25 minutes.

This bread was THE BOMB. It was yeasty and caramelly, sweet and dense. I'm so glad I saved even more of the spent grain in zip baggies and froze it for later use!

No comments:

Post a Comment